Summary of the 31st Annual Shareholders’ Meeting held on June 22, 2011
The following is a summary of the shareholders’ meeting held by SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS, CO., LTD.
*This document has been prepared to provide a summary report of the 31st annual shareholders’ meeting on our website. The form and contents are different from the statutory minutes of the shareholders’ meeting.
|Date and time||：||June 22, 2011 (Wednesday), 10:00 a.m. to 10:54 a.m.|
|Place||：||Ascot Hall, South Wing of Hotel Okura Tokyo
2-10-4 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo
|Number of shareholders present||：||361|
|Reports||：||1．Business Report, Consolidated Financial Statements and Audit Reports on the Consolidated Financial Statements by Accounting Auditors and by the Board of Corporate Auditors for the 31st Term (April 1, 2010, through March 31, 2011)|
|2．Non-Consolidated Financial Statements for the 31st Term (April 1, 2010, through March 31, 2011)|
|Items for Resolution||：|
|First Item||：||Election of Five (5) Directors|
|Second Item||：||Election of Three (3) Corporate Auditors|
|*All resolutions were approved as originally proposed.|
Statements made in this document with respect to the plans, estimates, strategies and beliefs, including any forecasts or projections, of SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS CO., LTD. or its consolidated subsidiaries (together, "SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS") are forward-looking statements about the future performance of SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS.
These statements are based on management's assumptions and beliefs in light of information available to it at the time of annual general meeting of shareholders and as such readers should not place undue reliance on them. Further, readers should not assume that statements made in this document will remain accurate or operative at a later time.
A number of factors could cause actual results to be materially different from or worse than those discussed in forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to:
1. Changes in economic conditions affecting our operations;
2. Fluctuations in currency exchange rates, particularly with respect to the value of the Japanese yen, the U.S. dollar and the euro;
3. Our ability to continue to win acceptance of our products and services, which are offered in highly competitive markets characterized by the continuous introduction of new products and services, rapid developments in technology, and subjective and changing consumer preferences;
4. Our ability to successfully expand internationally with a focus on our digital content business, online game business and mobile phone content business; and
5. Regulatory developments and changes and our ability to respond and adapt to those changes.
The forward-looking statements regarding earnings contained in these materials were valid at the time of the annual general meeting of shareholders. SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS assumes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, including forecasts or projections, whether as a result of new information, subsequent events or otherwise.
The financial information presented in this document is prepared according to generally accepted accounting principles in Japan.